Throwback Thursday, 1983
Me and my mom. She and I were the same age when we got pregnant (28 when our babies were born, turned 29 three months later) so in this picture she’s younger than I am now. Ca-ray-zee.
You know what I love most about this picture - the way her hand is lightly touching my back to make sure I don’t fall and the way she’s looking at me. I can see the love she has for me in that look. I know I look at Katie the same way.
PS. She still has that same sugar bowl (the one by the window). I don’t know what house this was in since we moved a few times when I was little, before she and my dad divorced.
In case anyone was wondering…
Verizon’s site still isn’t working for me.
The temporary PIN I got expired after 2 hours and it’s been more than 2 hours. And I can’t get it to generate a new one. So…yeah. This is about where I’m at.
Thankfully I’m done with work in 10 minutes so I’m going to walk away from the computer for the evening and hopefully tomorrow everything will work the way it’s supposed to.
Good thing I have a survey from Verizon in my Inbox asking me how they did. ::insert evil grin here::
To make a long story short, we had $50 worth of discounts applied to our Verizon account. All of them were expiring at the end of the month. I asked Steve to call over the weekend to see if they could reinstate them. They told him they could only give us half the discounts back. Not good enough.
So, I called them yesterday and ended up switching the account from my name to his name. It’s a trick some friends utilized recently - it allows the account to be considered “new” and eligible for new customer discounts. We’ll save a little bit per month and we’re supposed to get a $250 VISA gift card in the mail in 3 months.
Great, right? WRONG!!
This morning I tried to sign on to my work computer and was told the Internet was down. I rebooted the router several times before calling. Despite me asking the woman I spoke to yesterday about disruption of services, she failed to mention that my Internet would be disconnected and would need to be reconnected AND reactivated. It took about 30 minutes but seriously, WTF!? Information that would have been helpful yesterday.
Then I needed to check something on our old account so I logged in to Verizon’s website. I can only see half my information. Yesterday I had full access. ???? Apparently I need a temporary PIN to access the more “sensitive” bits of my account now. Ummm…what? I LOGGED IN. Isn’t that enough? Nope. It took me, no joke, 10+ tries to get the site to send me a PIN. The page kept timing out. It finally sends the PIN but now the site won’t accept the PIN it sent.
:::snacks head on desk:::
I’m starting to feel like this was all a HUGE waste of my time. Is the discount worth this hassle? I have a massive headache from dealing with this BS since 7:15 this morning.
I’m going to walk away from the computer, take a nice relaxing shower and hope that when I come back the Verizon site has gotten its act together.
Hump Day bullets
- Keeping my eye on the prize that is spring. I’m so ready for open windows and fresh air. Every morning I wake up and have to give myself a serious pep talk to keep from going back to sleep once Steve and Katie leave. It’s killing me.
- My dad has his first post-surgery appointment today. He’s doing pretty well. The only issue seems to be pain, but he’s not staying on top of his pain meds so… I gave him a stern talking-to yesterday about it and hopefully the doctor will, too.
- I did Yoga Meltdown today even thought the last thing I wanted to do was exercise. YM is my lazy-day workout of choice - works up a sweat without being too intensive. I was supposed to do 6-week 6-pack but just could. not. get. motivated. See the first bullet point for why.
- Friday looks like a good day to run. Temps should be decent and no precipitation in the forecast. Saturday also looks nice and since Katie’s going to my parent’s house for a sleepover maybe Steve and I can run together. Haven’t done that in forever.
Jillian Michaels - anyone try these?
I’m looking to switch up my workout program. I love Jillian Michaels and there are a few that stream for free on Prime. Anyone have any experience with any of these?
Banish Fat Boost Metabolism
No More Trouble Zones
Shred-It With Weight
Monday morning highlights
- That big 12+ inch storm we were supposed to get yesterday into Tuesday? It ended up weakening and tracking farther south so we’ve got barely half an inch out there. Katie’s school was open but unfortunately Steve works in southern NJ so he’s working from home today. One out of two ain’t bad, although of course Steve is griping about being home.
- I’m just thankful we don’t have to shovel all that snow. I need to send Mother Nature a nice thank you card.
- I was an idiot last night. Steve went to bed at 8:30 because he was randomly exhausted (happens sometimes with some medication he takes) so I was left to my own devices. We’d had a super early dinner (2:30pm) with my parents because of the impending snow, so by 8:30 I was starving. I NEVER snack in the evenings but I felt like I didn’t have a proper dinner. A slice of toast with peanut butter, 6 Triscuits with pepperoni and cheese, and a sliver of coffee cake later I still didn’t feel satisfied but I gave up trying.
- Then I got sucked in to Captain America and the Oscars. I don’t watch award shows but there was nothing else on. Downton Abbey, I miss you so. We’ve got how many channels and I couldn’t find a damn other thing to watch = lame. Everyone was live Facebooking the Oscars and I wanted to see Idina sing “Let it Go,” but of course they didn’t put her on until 11:15-ish. My bedtime is 10pm on a bad day. 11:15 is waaaaaay past my bedtime. And she was nervous as hell (not that I blame her, especially after John Travola butchered her name), so it wasn’t even worth staying up.
- Around 2:10am Katie woke up crying because she had to pee. We finally moved her out of overnight pull-ups a few weeks ago. She’d been waking up completely dry for months and the first few weeks she never woke up overnight. Now she’s up to pee in the middle of the night more nights than not and still needs our help so we’re (i.e. me) up, too. I’m not a fan.
- As you can probably tell, I’m exhausted today. And since Steve is home and working in our bedroom I have nowhere to exercise. Maybe I’ll do my workout in Katie’s room…that’s a good idea! I forgot for a second that she wasn’t home today. Yippeee!!!!!
- Oh…wait…it’s 9am already. Yikes!! How did that happen? So much for exercising before work. Guess I’ll be doing something before lunch instead.
- Since we didn’t get a lot of snow I’m hopeful about running at the end of this week. Now THAT makes me happy!